Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone who suffers at the hands of an abuser already kws that survival is of the very essence of what powers each day. Rebecca Henderson kws all too well what it is like to live within a turbulent childhood filled with chaos, beatings, and mental illness-and in an adult world fueled by alcohol abuse and violent crime. In her poignant memoir, becki justbecki, Rebecca Henderson shares a compelling glimpse into the world of abuse, survival, and her eventual healing, ultimately seeking to teach others to trust their intuition, take chances, and make good choices. For the first time in her life, Rebecca has found her voice. In celebration of her survival, she shares her reflections and recalls how painful events have shaped her life. Rebecca begins with the story of how she was badly burned at age two and subsequently endured teasing for years, teaching her a valuable lesson that facing humiliation head-on provided her with the kwledge that there was thing she could t recover from-ever. As she details traumatic incestuous experiences that caused her to begin self-destructive behavior that would last for years, Rebecca provides an eye-opening perspective into how abuse extensively affects a life long after it has stopped. becki justbecki shares one woman's incredible, inspirational journey from the darkness of abuse into the light of healing that will inspire anyone who has ever been abused to never give up.
- Author(s)John & Natty McArthur University Professor Rebecca Henderson
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.