All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany books discuss Agile from a theoretical or academic perspective. Becoming Agile takes a different approach and focuses on explaining Agile from a case-study perspective. Agile principles are discussed, explained, and then demonstrated in the context of a case study that flows throughout the book. The case study is based on a mixture of the author's real-world experiences. Becoming Agile also focuses on the importance of adapting Agile principles to the realities of your environment. In the early days of Agile, there was a general belief that Agile had to be used in all phases of a project, and that it had to be used in its purest form. Over the last few years, reputable Agile authorities have begun questioning this belief: We're finding that the best deployments of Agile are customized to the realities of a given company. Becoming Agile discusses the cultural realities of deploying Agile and how to deal with the needs of executives, managers, and the development team during migration. The author discusses employee motivation and establishing incentives that reward support of Agile techniques.
- Author BiographyGreg Smith is a certified ScrumMaster and a Senior Project Manager at Washington Mutual. Greg is also an instructor of Agile Project Management at Bellevue Community College. He has over 20 years of experience as a development manager, project manager, business analyst, and product manager. Greg has worked for large conglomerates, tiny start-ups, and medium size companies including: Philips Electronics, R.R. Donnelley, Oh Boy! Oberto, and the Seattle Times New Media group. He has spent time with various companies helping them create a custom Agile process that supports the realities of their environment. Greg's focus has been on iteratively migrating a company to Agile and actively involving the development team in the process. Greg provides consulting services but his main focus is bringing Agile practices into the companies that he works for. This background has given him insight into what it takes to sustain an Agile culture and process over time.
- Author(s)Greg Smith
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication28/01/2009
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width189 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.