All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionNikki van Schyndel is t your typical grizzled survivalist. She is a contemporary, urban young woman who threw off modern comforts to spend nineteen months in a remote rainforest with her housecat and a virtual stranger. Set in the Broughton Archipelago, a maze of isolated islands near rthern Vancouver Island, BECOMING WILD is a story of survival in the pristine wilderness of BC. Sometimes predator and sometimes prey, twenty-nine-year-old Nikki and her companion Micah fend off theharsh weather, hungry wildlife, threat of starvation and the endless perils of this rugged Raincoast. To survive, Nikki must rely on her kwledge of BC's coastal flora and fauna, and the ancient techniques of hunting and gathering. In this remote world she learns to skin bears, make clothes from cedar bark and take great joy in gobbling a fish tail whole. Told in a voice that is both familiar and vulnerable, BECOMING WILD explores our innate longings to connect with nature and revert to a pure, Eden-like state.
- Author BiographyNikki van Schyndel studied with and taught under some of North Americas leading survivalists, trackers and primitive artisans and graduated from the Dominion Herbal College in British Columbia. Bold and original, Nikki shares her love of storytelling and secrets of the natural world with guests of Echo Bay EcoVentures, her unique, custom-tailored wilderness tour operation. She has gone from wild woman to forest dweller, now living in a log cabin that she built in the remote community of Echo Bay. She continues to have unimaginable intimate encounters with the wildlife that captures our hearts and feeds our fears.
- Author(s)Nikki van Schyndel
- PublisherCaitlin Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSaint George
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCaitlin Press
- Content Note60 colour & b/w images
- Weight364 g
- Width153 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.