Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe goal of becoming a Leader is to prepare young professionals and students for leadership roles. becoming a Leader is a practical, easy to read book that meets the needs of the reader who aspires to prepare for leadership positions. becoming a Leader is the only book on the market that clearly defines the qualities, skills and leadership styles needed to be a great leader. The reader is urged to determine his/her leadership style. The extensive chapter on leadership styles is followed by a chapter discussing when and how to use your leadership tool box. This book is clearly written and easy to read. It will prepare you for great leadership roles as you advance up the corporate ladder.
- Author BiographyMany authors write books about the art of leadership. These books tend to focus on one aspect of leadership: such as the one Minute Manager. Many of these authors have not had significant experience in actual leadership rolls. Dr. Roy Eckart has served in a variety of leadersihp rolls for the past 20 years, teaching leadership to undergradute and graduate students. He has held leadership workshops for various diverse groups; and most importantly, practiciing leadership under very challenging conditions. Dr. Eckart was an administrator and professor at the University of Cincinnati. The faculty are tenured (or on tenure track) and are members of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP), a faculty union. Dr. Eckart's initial leadership position was a Department Program Director. Roy continued to acquire new leadership roles at the departmental level: Assistant, Associate Department Head and Department Head of the Mechanical, Industrial & Nuclear Engineering Department (MINE). This large department had 55 faculty and staff along with several hundred undergradaute and graduate students. The budget was $8,000,000 per year. Dr. Eckart was promoted to Senior Associate Dean and finally Interim Dean of the College of Engineering. The Engineering College consists of 3,000 students, 140 faculty, 100 staff and a budget of approximately $45,000,000 for teaching and research. The leadership challenge was to continue to build up the college with a declining budget and workforce (faculty and staff) who could not be ordered to perform a specific task. Dr. Eckart learned the qualities and skills needed for a good leader. The dean has to develop the vision for the college and develop a shared vision with the faculty. Dr. Eckart devised the concept of a leadership tool box that can be used in unique leadership situations. Dr. Eckart gained leadership experience by holding thse administrative positions. He realizes that a comprehensive, practical and clear leadership book is needed to enhance the young professionals and students beginning their journey up the leadership ladder. Dr. Eckart is currently a Senior Associate Dean Emeritus.
- Author(s)Roy Eckart
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.