All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionBecoming A Mother releases women from the pressure to be perfect mothers. Rather than a book that teaches how to change a nappy or schedule a feed, it explores the often unspoken challenges of caring for a baby in the first year and the complex emotions women experience as they are transformed into mothers. In the moment of birth it is t only a baby that is born, but a mother too. Throughout the first difficult year of their babies' lives, many women secretly doubt that they will emerge as the loving, confident mothers they long to be. In her book, Becoming a Mother, Lisa Stathis explores this emotional journey. through shared stories, women learn that they are t alone and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. As a social worker and qualified family therapist, Leisa has a professional as well as a mother's perspective. She refers to the early days of being a new mum as the 'fourth trimester' and includes chapters on interesting topics frequently t discussed, such as 'the Unmothered Mother.' Perhaps the most powerful message Leisa gives women is a reminder that, as mothers, in amongst all that we don't kw and feel we are doing wrong, there are many, many things we are doing wonderfully right.
- Author BiographyLeisa Stathis is a social worker and qualified family therapist with more than 20 years of experience.
- Author(s)Leisa Stathis
- PublisherFinch Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLane Cove
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFinch Publishing
- Weight480 g
- Width220 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.