All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionBecoming a Teacher through Action Research, Third Edition skillfully interweaves the stories of pre-service teaching with the process of action research. This engaging text focuses specifically on the needs of pre-service teachers by providing assistance for all stages of the research experience, including guidance on how to select an area of focus, design a culturally-proficient study, collect and interpret data, and communicate findings. With an updated introduction and two new chapters, this revised edition fully develops a convincing response to the framing question of the book, Why pre-service teacher action research? The new edition continues to focus on elements of trustworthy pre-service teacher action research, and provides a more robust overview of research methodology. Using additional activities, charts, and examples, this book offers support during the steps of writing a critical question, data collection, data analysis and the use of analytic memos. New Features in the Third Edition include: * New chapters on ongoing data analysis and final data interpretation, which include practice scenarios and examples to give readers a deeper understanding of doing the work of action research processes; * An expanded chapter on action research methodology, which includes scaffolds for making methodological decisions, additional practice scenarios, and a revised action research design template; * New end-of-chapter Content and Process Questions to encourage deeper understanding; * New examples throughout, expanded additional glossary terms, enhanced literature review guidance, and updated templates to support action research projects; * An updated companion website with downloadable templates and additional instructor resources; * A revised interior text design to increase the accessibility of the text. This one-of-a-kind guide continues to offer invaluable support for teacher-education students during a critical phase of their professional-and personal-lives.
- Author BiographyDonna Kalmbach Phillips is Professor of Education at Pacific University, Oregon, USA. Kevin Carr is Professor of Science Education at Pacific University, Oregon, USA.
- Author(s)Donna Kalmbach Phillips,Kevin Carr
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note55 black & white tables, 32 black & white halftones, 29 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.