All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionLearning to read is one of the most important life skills teachers can help a child develop. Teaching reading is a vital part of a career in the classroom and engaging with the range of different learning styles children have is a real challenge. Trainee teachers need to learn how to address this variety of learning needs, and also meet the wider demands of the curriculum. Margaret Perkins helps students meet these challenges to become a confident, reflective teacher of reading by providing: * An in-depth explanation of phonics teaching alongside other teaching approaches, empowering trainees to choose the right approach for each individual child *Key research findings so students can apply the latest thinking to their teaching practice *School-based activities and independent learning tasks to help apply theory to practice, and develop teaching skills through self-reflection *Classroom scenarios of teacher-child interactions that demonstrate how children learn and respond to different teaching strategies.
- Author BiographyMargaret Perkins worked in initial teacher education for many years with undergraduates, postgraduates and those on employment-based routes in different provider institutions. Before that she taught in primary schools across the age ranges and throughout the United Kingdom as a classteacher and in positions of leadership. For the last ten years, she has been responsible for the primary GTP and School Direct routes into primary teaching, at the University of Reading, working closely with schools located in more than eight different authorities. It is this experience which prompted the writing of this book. In September 2016 she is going back into school as a class teacher in Year 1 and to work with colleagues across the school to make the English curriculum exciting, relevant and rigorous. Her teaching career is finishing where it began. She will be recording her experiences online at www.backtoschoolmargaret.com Please read the blog and share your thoughts and experiences.
- Author(s)Margaret Perkins
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.