All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA leading architect of the Italian Renaissance, Baldassarre Peruzzi (1481-1536) has, until w, been a little-kwn, enigmatic figure. A paucity of biographical documentation and a modest number of surviving buildings, coupled with an undeservedly critical assessment by Giorgio Vasari (1511-1574), have long cast Peruzzi's career in shadow. With Becoming an Architect in Renaissance Italy, Ann C. Huppert taps into a kwn, but neglected resource-Peruzzi's autograph drawings-and reveals the full scope and artistic mastery of Peruzzi's work and its enduring influence. Extraordinary t only in their beauty and design inventiveness, but also in the varied representational techniques and practical mathematics ted within them, Peruzzi's drawings record an evolving artistic process. Reassessing his architectural masterworks, Huppert also explores lesser-kwn work: his studies of Roman antiquity, realized paintings and unrealized buildings, as well as engineering projects. Huppert shows that Peruzzi anticipated modern representational methods and scientific approaches in architecture, and pinpoints the moment when architecture began to emerge as a profession distinct from the other arts.
- Author BiographyAnn C. Huppert is associate professor of architecture in the Department of Architecture at the University of Washington in Seattle.
- Author(s)Ann C. Huppert
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note35 color + 140 b-w illus.
- Weight1315 g
- Width228 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.