All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is meant by outstanding teaching? What makes the best teachers stand out from the rest? How can I develop my own practice to become an outstanding teacher myself? Whether you are training to become a primary school teacher or you are newly qualified and striving to improve your practice, this fully updated second edition of Becoming an Outstanding Primary School Teacher will support, inform and inspire you on your quest for excellence. Throughout, Russell Grigg draws on theory, research and case studies of real classroom practice to discuss what it takes to become an outstanding primary teacher today. This bestselling guide has been comprehensively revised to reflect the latest changes to the curriculum, including the National Curriculum in England for 2014 and Scotland's Building Curriculum for Excellence. It has also widened its scope to appeal to trainee and serving teachers, reflecting the new Teachers' Standards. Key topics include: * defining and measuring outstanding teaching; * understanding the theory, nature and scope of the curriculum; * developing thinking skills in the classroom; * understanding and meeting individual learning needs; * using ICT to improve pedagogy; * behaviour management; * monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting. Becoming an Outstanding Primary Teacher will appeal to undergraduate and postgraduate students, including those on school-based programmes such as Teach First, as well as more experienced teachers seeking inspiration.
- Author BiographyDr Russell Grigg is Executive Head of Research at the Welsh Centre for Equity in Education.
- Author(s)Russell Grigg
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 59 black & white tables
- Weight960 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.