All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- Description<p>In this completely revised Texas A&M University Press edition, Guthery and coauthor Fidel Hernandez have breathed new life into a classic work that for more than twenty years has been teaching biologists, managers, and ranchers to think like a quail. <p>Updated with the latest research on quail habitat management, predator control, and recent issues such as aflatoxin contamination, Hernandez and Guthery help land stewards understand the optimum conditions for encouraging and sustaining quail populations while continuing to manage rangeland for cattle production. Written in a style that is entertaining and easy to read, this book is, in Guthery's words, meant to be kept on the dashboard of your pickup. More than 150 helpful photographs and figures, along with supporting tables, accompany the text.<p>In his foreword to this edition of Beef, Brush, and Bobwhites, respected Texas wildlife photographer Wyman Meinzer writes of how the calls of a covey of bobwhites--or the unfortunate absence of those calls--can remind us that wildlife and habitat conservation is directly proportional to the quality of stewardship that we bestow on the land.
- Author Biography<p>Fidel Hernandez is the Alfred C. Glassell Jr., Endowed Professor for Quail Research at the Cesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute in Kingsville, Texas. Fred S. Guthery, also the author of On Bobwhites (Texas A&M University Press, 2006) and A Primer on Natural Resource Science (Texas A&M University Press, 2008), holds the Bollenbach Chair in Wildlife Ecology at Oklahoma State University.
- Author(s)Fidel Hernandez,Fred S. Guthery
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byWyman Meinzer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.