CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first in over half a century to be devoted to a detailed analysis of the complete Beethoven sonatas for violin and pia. It arose from the author's desire to pass on to a younger generation more than 60 years' experience as a practising musician and teacher. Professor Rostal addresses himself to professional and amateur musicians alike, to students and to listeners, all of whom will derive pleasure and enlightenment from his words. Each of the ten Sonatas is carefully discussed, the manuscripts and first and later editions meticulously compared. The musician will find technical and interpretative problems approached and solved and the music-lover a helpful listener's guide to these ever-popular masterpieces. Professor Rostal's text is illustrated with over 200 music examples. The frontispieces of the first edition of each of the Sonatas is reproduced, as is a portrait of each of the dedicatees of each work. Max Rostal also addresses the problems facing the editor of music, and questions of dynamics, agogics, ornamentation, orthography, repeats, fingerings and bowings in these Sonatas.
- Author(s)Max Rostal
- PublisherToccata Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1985
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintToccata Press
- Content Note22ill.230mus.exs.
- Weight465 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byH. Rosenberg,A. Rosenberg
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.