All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the historian Lytton Strachey (who made and then quickly retracted his proposal of marriage) to the war poet and neo-pagan Rupert Brooke (who led groups of naked young men round the fields of Grantchester), Sarah M. Hall looks at all Virginia Woolf's unsuitable early suitors. Woolf's work has frequently been seen against the backdrop of the Bloomsbury Group or her relationship with Vita Sackville-West. But the men considered in this book had an important impact on Woolf's work too - and veiled portraits of most of them appear in her vels. Before Leonard brings brand new material and a brand new perspective to the fertile ground of Woolf studies.
- Author BiographySarah M. Hallis a writer and editor. She is on the Executive Council and the Editorial Committee of the Virginia Woolf Society of Great Britain and is a regular contributor to the Virginia Woolf Bulletin.
- Author(s)Sarah M. Hall
- PublisherPeter Owen Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeter Owen Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width138 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.