All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBefore a Canyon is Jeremy Tucker's collection of stories and essays on what it's like to work with at-risk children, to teach in an underprivileged city, to treat children with lifelong illnesses and how, when you least expect it those you teach, teach you.
- Author BiographyJeremy Tucker graduated summa cum laude from Yale University in 1997. After college he joined Teach for America to work with students in one of America's highly underserved communities, Phoenix, Arizona, where he taught elementary school. Before a Canyon is a memoir about his time working with a former student. He left Phoenix to begin Harvard Medical School in the fall of 1999. During his time at Harvard, he continued to work with at-risk youth. Jeremy was a pediatric resident at Texas Children's Hospital for one year. Unfortunately, now he is a patient. He was diagnosed with brain cancer in June of 2005. He receives outpatient therapy and participates in medical activities with limitations. He plans to be a school counselor. A recipient of the National Health Service Corps fellowship, he will focus his career on mental health and adolescent care, especially of those he believes are far under-resourced.
- Author(s)Jeremy Tucker
- PublisherBright Sky Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBright Sky Press
- Weight576 g
- Width235 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.