All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionMicrosoft beginning yet practical SQL (Structured Query Language) programming teach-by-practical-diagrams-&-examples illustrated book for database developers, programmers, systems analysts and project managers who are new to relational database and client/server techlogies. Also for database developers, database designers and database administrators (DBA), who kw some SQL programming and database design, and who wish to refresh & expand their RDBMS development techlogy horizons. Familiarity with at least one computer programming language, Windows file system & Excel is assumed. Since the book is career advancement oriented, it has a great number of practical SQL queries (over 1,100 SELECT queries) and T-SQL scripts, plenty to learn indeed. The queries are based on historic and current SQL Server sample databases: pubs (PRIMARY KEYs 9, FOREIGN KEYs 10), Northwind (PRIMARY KEYs 13, FOREIGN KEYs 13) and the latest AdventureWorks series. Among them: AdventureWorks, AdventureWorks2008, AdventureWorks2012 (PRIMARY KEYs 71, FOREIGN KEYs 90), & AdventureWorksDW2012 (PRIMARY KEYs 27, FOREIGN KEYs 44). The last one is a data warehouse database. The book teaches through vivid T-SQL queries how to think in terms of sets at a very high level, focusing on set-based operations instead of loops like in procedural programming languages. The best way to master T-SQL programming is to type the query in your own SQL Server Management Studio Query Editor, test it, examine it, change it and study it. Wouldn't it be easier just to copy & paste it? It would, but the learning value would diminish rapidly. You need to feel the SQL language in your DNA. SQL queries must pour out from your fingers into the keyboard. Why is kwing SQL queries by heart so important? After all everything can be found on the web so why t just copy & paste? Well t exactly. If you want to be an database development expert, it has to be in your head t on the web. Second, when your supervisor is looking over your shoulder, Charlie, can you tell me what is the total revenue for March?, you have to be able to type the query without documentation or SQL forum search and provide the results to your superior promptly. The book was designed to be readable in any environment, even on the beach laptop around or laptop in sight at all. All queries are followed by results row count and /or full/partial results listing in tabular (grid) format. Screenshots are used when dealing with GUI tools such as SQL Server Management Studio. SQL Server 2012 installation, new programming functions, data export and data import presented step by step. Mastery of SQL programming book likely to be sufficient for career advancement as a database developer.
- Author BiographyKalman Toth has been working with relational database technology since 1990. His relational database career since then includes database design, database development, database administration, OLAP architecture and Business Intelligence development. Applications included enterprise-level general ledger & financial accounting, bond funds auditing, stock market feeds processing, broker-dealer firm risk management, derivative instruments analytics, consumer ecommerce database management for online dating, personal finance, physical fitness, diet and health. He has designed over 20 databases. His MSDN forum participation in the Transact-SQL and SQL Server Tools was rewarded with the Microsoft Community Contributor award in 2011 and 2012. Kalman has a Master of Arts degree in Physics from Columbia University and a Master of Philosophy degree in Computing Science. Kalman is moderator on MSDN Transact-SQL and Database Design forums. Contact: email@example.com .
- Author(s)Kalman Toth
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.