All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.59
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $35.72
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $14.33
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $11.30Trending at AU $13.76
About this product
- DescriptionChaplain Kate Braestrup, the New York Times bestselling author of Here If You Need Me, has written a compelling new book on prayer for which her devoted fans have been clamoring. Beautifully written, with her astonishing signature stories of faith in action in real life, Beginner's Grace explains how to tap into grace with prayer-as well as how to pray, when to pray, and what to pray.Love is Grace. You can't earn it. But you can always find it when you need it. The tried-and-true way to grace is through prayer-even through a simple saying grace before dinner. Yet in spite of hundreds of traditions and teachings about prayer, millions of people worldwide are unsure how to pray, or afraid they'll do it wrong, or worried that they won't be heard.Writing in the beautiful, honest, personal narrative style of her previous two books, Braestrup explains the many ways we can pray, including where and when to pray, individually and as a family. She includes numerous examples of prayers to draw from-beginning with grace, a brief prayer of thanks. Braestrup offers listeners prayers for situations in which their own words might fail them-from grief and loss to a request for assistance from God-and offers suggestions for making prayers more meaningful and satisfying. And she invites listeners to explore forms of prayer that extend into the wider community, including prayer for those whom we don't like and with whom we may disagree.Written with the insight and warmth that moved and inspired readers of Here If You Need Me, Beginner's Grace is sure to become a spiritual touchstone for people of all faiths.
- Author BiographyKate Braestrup is a Unitarian-Universalist chaplain to the Forest Service in Maine who works with the search and rescue teams in Maine. She is the author of the novel Onion and the memoir Here If You Need Me, a New York Times bestseller and winner of the Barnes and Noble Discover Award for nonfiction. Her articles have appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Good Housekeeping, Reader's Digest, O, The Oprah Magazine, Woman's Day, More, Mademoiselle, Ms., and other publications. Susan Ericksen is an actress who performs on stage and television. An Audie Award and AudioFile Earphones Award winner, Susan has recorded many audiobooks, including Naked in Death by J. D. Robb and Savannah Blue by Mary Kay Andrews.
- Author(s)Kate Braestrup
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Susan Ericksen
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time570
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.