Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.35+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning Android Games offers everything you need to join the ranks of successful Android game developers. You'll start with game design fundamentals and programming basics, and then progress towards creating your own basic game engine and playable games. This will give you everything you need to branch out and write your own Android games. The potential user base and the wide array of available high-performance devices makes Android an attractive target for aspiring game developers. Do you have an awesome idea for the next break-through mobile gaming title? Beginning Android Games will help you kick-start your project. The book will guide you through the process of making several example games for the Android platform, and involves a wide range of topics: * The fundamentals of game development * The Android platform basics to apply those fundamentals in the context of making a game * The design of 2D and 3D games and their successful implementation on the Android platform What you'll learn * How to set up and use the development tools for developing your first Android application * The fundamentals of game programming in the context of the Android platform * How to use the Android's APIs for graphics (Canvas, OpenGL ES 1.0/1.1), audio, and user input to reflect those fundamentals * How to develop two 2D games from scratch, based on the Canvas API and OpenGL ES. * How to create a full-featured 3D game * How to publish your games, get crash reports, and support your users * How to complete your own playable 2D OpenGL games Who this book is for This book is for people with a basic kwledge of Java who want to write games on the Android platform. It also offers information for experienced game developers about the pitfalls and peculiarities of the platform. Table of Contents * Android, the New Kid on the Block * First Steps with the Android SDK * Game Development 101 * Android for Game Developers * An Android Game Development Framework * Mr. Nom Invades Android * OpenGL ES: A Gentle Introduction *2D Game Programming Tricks * Super Jumper: A 2D OpenGL ES Game * OpenGL ES: Going 3D *3D Programming Tricks * Droid Invaders: the Grand Finale * Publishing Your Game * What's Next?
- Author BiographyMario Zechner runs Badlogic Games, a game development shop focused on Android.
- Author(s)Mario Zechner,Richard Taylor
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1261 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.