All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionTargeted for beginning and vice players, this step-by-step approach uses more than 100 actual chess diagrams to bring out the excitement of chess and shows players an easy method of learning and playing. Players learn the basics principles of opening, middle and end game strategies, winning principles of development and pawn structure, different ways to checkmate opponents, and the important openings and defenses. Readers also learn how to join a chess club, use a chess clock, get rated, enter tournaments, and use tation to both record their own games and play back others. Two completely antated games show readers how strategic thinking is used in a game. More than 100,000 books sold! 100,000 copies later confirms that this book hit a perfect niche - an easy-to-read book on learning chess.
- Author BiographyBill Robertie is a chess master, a former winner of the US Chess Speed Championshit, and the author of six books on chess, all for Cardoza Publishing.
- Author(s)Bill Robertie
- PublisherCardoza Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCardoza Publishing,U.S.
- Content Noteline illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.