All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned as an introduction for Cree language learners, this book acts as a self-study aid -- a much-needed resource in today's world where most students cant speak Cree fluently. Basic grammar units and everyday vocabulary items guide the student through the building blocks of the language, and expansion drills and exercises reinforce lessons and prepare the student for further study. With over 100 delightful illustrations, the book grounds the language in traditional and contemporary contexts.
- Author BiographySolomon Ratt was born in a trapper's cabin along the banks of the Churchill River. He went to Indian Residential School in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. He attended the University of Regina, graduating with two BAs and a Masters of Arts. He has been teaching the Y-dialect of Cree at First Nations University of Canada (formerly SIFC) in Regina, Saskatchewan since 1986. Holly Martin is a Swampy Cree artist, originally from Moose Lake First Nation. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Regina.
- Author(s)Solomon Ratt
- PublisherUniversity of Regina Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationRegina
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Regina Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight1120 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Holly Martin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.