All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionWeb frameworks are playing a major role in the creation of today's most compelling web applications, because they automate many of the tedious tasks, allowing developers to instead focus on providing users with creative and powerful features. Java developers have been particularly fortunate in this area, having been able to take advantage of Grails, an open source framework that supercharges productivity when building Java-driven web sites. Grails is based on Groovy, which is a very popular and growing dynamic scripting language for Java developers and was inspired by Python, Ruby, and Smalltalk. Beginning Groovy, Grails and Griffon is the first introductory book on the Groovy language and its primary web framework, Grails. Griffon is also covered. While Grails is the Web framework for building Groovy Web applications, Griffon is the deskop framework for building desktop Groovy applications. Could Groovy be the new Java? It's light, fast and free (open source). This book gets you started with Groovy, Grails and Griffon, and culminates in the example and possible application of some real-world projects. You follow along with the development of each project, implementing and running each application while learning new features along the way.
- Author BiographyChristopher Judd is president and primary consultant for Judd Solutions, LLC. He is an international speaker, open source evangelist, leader of the Central Ohio Java Users Group, and coauthor of Enterprise Java Development on a Budget (Apress, 2003). He has spent 12 years architecting and developing software for Fortune 500 companies in various industries, including insurance, retail, government, manufacturing, and transportation. His focus is consulting, mentoring, and training with Java, Java EE, Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME), mobile technologies, and related technologies.
- Author(s)Christopher M. Judd,Jim Shingler,Joseph Faisal Nusairat,Vishal Layka
- Date of Publication24/12/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight687 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.