All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.31Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionResearchers in education are interested in the study of learners, teachers, professional support staff, parents and other participants in schools and other educational institutions. To be effective, research needs to be carried out in a systematic way and should contribute to what is kwn. If you are interested in education research and want to learn how to become an effective researcher, then this step-by-step guide is for you. For many students the first research project is the most daunting but this book will help ensure its success. Beginning Research is a practical toolkit of resources that will enable students to plan, conduct and follow up research effectively. It contains information on the range of methods available to researchers and introduces some of the key concepts associated with education research and the theoretical background against which it currently takes place. Designed for anyone working in an education setting, by reading through each chapter and completing the associated tasks you will be able to work through each stage of the research process. This book is essential reading for students on all education courses who are engaging in research for the first time. It is particularly suitable for foundation degree students, as it ackwledges the constraints placed upon researchers who are also working and offers practical advice for managing the demands of employment, study and carrying out research.
- Author BiographyMichelle Lowe is Senior Lecturer at the Institute for Education Policy Research at Staffordshire University, UK.
- Author(s)Michelle Lowe
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.