All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning Sensor Networks with Ardui and Raspberry Pi teaches you how to build sensor networks with Ardui, Raspberry Pi, and XBee radio modules, and even shows you how to turn your Raspberry Pi into a MySQL database server to store your sensor data! First you'll learn about the different types of sensors and sensor networks, including how to build a simple XBee network. Then you'll walk through building an Ardui-based temperature sensor and data collector, followed by building a Raspberry Pi-based sensor de. Next you'll learn different ways to store sensor data, including writing to an SD card, sending data to the cloud, and setting up a Raspberry Pi MySQL server to host your data. You even learn how to connect to and interact with a MySQL database server directly from an Ardui! Finally you'll learn how to put it all together by connecting your Ardui sensor de to your new Raspberry Pi database server. If you want to see how well Ardui and Raspberry Pi can get along, especially to create a sensor network, then Beginning Sensor Networks with Ardui and Raspberry Pi is just the book you need.
- Author BiographyCharles Bell conducts research in emerging technologies. He is a member of the Oracle MySQL Development team and is the team lead for the MySQL Utilities team. He lives in a small town in rural Virginia with his loving wife. He received his Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2005. Dr. Bell is an expert in the database field and has extensive knowledge and experience in software development and systems engineering. His research interests include 3D printers, microcontrollers, three-dimensional printing, database systems, software engineering, and sensor networks. He spends his limited free time as a practicing Maker focusing on microcontroller projects and refinement of three-dimensional printers. Dr. Bell maintains a blog on his research projects and many other interests. You can find his blog at http://drcharlesbell.blogspot.com/.
- Author(s)Charles Bell
- Date of Publication22/11/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note137 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight701 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.