Beginning iOS 6 Development: Exploring the iOS SDK by David Mark, Jack Nutting, Fredrik T. Olsson, Jeff LaMarche (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.50+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe team that brought you the bestselling Beginning iPhone Development is back again for Beginning iOS 6 Development, bringing this definitive guide up-to-date with Apple's latest and greatest iOS 6 SDK, as well as with the latest version of Xcode. There's coverage of brand new techlogies, with chapters on storyboards and iCloud, for example, as well as significant updates to existing chapters to bring them in line with all the changes that came with the iOS 6 SDK. You'll have everything you need to create your very own apps for the latest iOS devices, including the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, and the latest iPod touch. Every single sample app in the book has been rebuilt from scratch using latest Xcode and the latest 64-bit iOS 6-specific project templates and designed to take advantage of the latest Xcode features. Assuming only a minimal working kwledge of Objective-C, and written in a friendly, easy-to-follow style, Beginning iOS 6 Development offers a complete soup-to-nuts course in iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch programming. The book starts with the basics, walking through the process of downloading and installing Xcode and the iOS 6 SDK, and then guides you though the creation of your first simple application. From there, you'll learn how to integrate all the interface elements Apple touch users have come to kw and love, such as buttons, switches, pickers, toolbars, and sliders. You'll master a variety of design patterns, from the simplest single view to complex hierarchical drill-downs. The confusing art of table building will be demystified, and you'll learn how to save your data using the iPhone file system. You'll also learn how to save and retrieve your data using a variety of persistence techniques, including Core Data and SQLite. And there's much more! You'll learn to draw using Quartz 2D and OpenGL ES, add multitouch gestural support (pinches and swipes) to your applications, and work with the camera, photo library, accelerometer, and built-in GPS. You'll discover the fine points of application preferences and learn how to localize your apps for multiple languages. * The iOS 6 update to the bestselling and most recommended book for Cocoa touch developers * Packed full of tricks, techniques, and enthusiasm for the new SDK from a developer perspective * Written in an accessible, easy-to-follow style
- Author BiographyDave Mark is a longtime Mac developer and author who has written a number of books on Mac and iOS development, including Beginning iPhone 4 Development (Apress, 2010), More iPhone 3 Development (Apress, 2010), Learn C on the Mac (Apress, 2008), The Macintosh Programming Primer series (Addison-Wesley, 1992), and Ultimate Mac Programming (Wiley, 1995). Dave loves the water and spends as much time as possible on it, in it, or near it. He lives with his wife and three children in Virginia.
- Author(s)David Mark,Fredrik T. Olsson,Jack Nutting,Jeff LaMarche
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1305 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.