All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description'You cant take on the principalship and view it as a job ...Simply stated, you have to view it as a special calling' - Jim Kelch, from Beginning the Principalship, Third Edition The best way to learn the ropes is to have an expert at your side. Beginning the Principalship, Third Edition is exactly that kind of essential encouragement and help you need. Filled with updated and new information designed to help you survive your first years as headteacher, this new edition of John C. Daresh's bestseller provides the resources you need to become a strong and effective leader. Find out how you can o Manage others' expectations of you as headteacher; o Master the technical skills necessary to run a school; o Create and clarify your personal professional growth plan; o Work effectively with the community; o Incorporate staff in school goals and initiatives; o Work more effectively with parents. In compelling scenarios from new headteachers, Daresh focuses on the practical skills for developing a network, the process of finding mentors, and the importance of professional organizations. With the tools this guide offers, you will build the skills you need to thrive as a principal, growing more comfortable-and more confident-in your role as school leader!
- Author BiographyJohn C. Daresh is professor of educational leadership at the University of Texas at El Paso. Over the years, he has held faculty or administrative appointments at the University of Cincinnati, The Ohio State University, the University of Northern Colorado, and Illinois State University. He has also worked as a consultant on high school reform and administrator professional development for universities, state departments of education, national and state professional associations, and individual schools and districts across the United States, and also in Barbados, Canada, France, Holland, Israel, Turkey, South Africa, and Taiwan. By far, the bulk of Daresh's international service has been in the United Kingdom where he served an advisor and trainer for the School Management Task Force that developed and promoted support programs for beginning headteachers, the National College for School Leadership, the Welsh Office of Education, the North West Network for Diploma Development in Cheshire, Manchester Metropolitan University, the University of Lincoln, the University of Hull, CREATE Consultancies, and literally dozens of Local Education Authorities and individual schools across England and Wales. Daresh recently completed three years of service as the lead consultant on principal mentoring programs for the Chicago Public Schools as that megadistrict was faced with the challenge of bringing in mostly inexperienced principals to serve in nearly of the school system's elementary and high schools.
- Author(s)John C. Daresh
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/05/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date07/09/2015
- Weight699 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.