All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are looking for interactive and dynamic workshop materials for principal mentoring, a textbook for students enrolled in educational administration studies, or a personal guide for yourself, Beginning the Principalship is ideal for new and seasoned principals alike committed to student-centered continuous improvement.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Daresh is professor of educational leadership at the University of Texas at El Paso. Over the years, he has held faculty or administrative appointments at the University of Cincinnati, The Ohio State University, the University of Northern Colorado, and Illinois State University. He has also worked as a consultant on high school reform and administrator professional development for universities, state departments of education, national and state professional associations, and individual schools and districts across the United States, and also in Barbados, Canada, France, Holland, Israel, Turkey, South Africa, and Taiwan. By far, the bulk of Daresh's international service has been in the United Kingdom where he served an advisor and trainer for the School Management Task Force that developed and promoted support programs for beginning headteachers, the National College for School Leadership, the Welsh Office of Education, the North West Network for Diploma Development in Cheshire, Manchester Metropolitan University, the University of Lincoln, the University of Hull, CREATE Consultancies, and literally dozens of Local Education Authorities and individual schools across England and Wales. Daresh recently completed three years of service as the lead consultant on principal mentoring programs for the Chicago Public Schools as that megadistrict was faced with the challenge of bringing in mostly inexperienced principals to serve in nearly of the school system's elementary and high schools. Linda Alexander is a teacher and department chair for social studies at the Mission Valley Early College High School for the Socorro Independent Schools. Prior to that, she spent her teaching career as a teacher and testing coordinator at Coronado High School in El Paso. Her academic career included a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from The Ohio State University and Masters degree in Educational Leadership from the University of Texas at El Paso.
- Author(s)John C. Daresh,Linda Alexander
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.