Beginning to Play: Young Children from Birth to Three by Ruth Forbes (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I hope this book will inspire early years practitioners, lecturers and trainers to stop and think in the hustle and bustle of daily practice, to take a fresh look at the play of these very young children. This book does t claim to have all the answers but seeks to challenge practitioners to observe closely and respond to babies as they begin to play' - Elir Goldschmied, author of People under Three: Young Children in Day Care . This book focuses on the need to equip practitioners to meet the play needs of children in today's early years settings. With babies and very young children increasingly being cared for in out-of-home care settings, it is essential for early years practitioners to be responsive and reflective to ensure that these young children's needs are met in an appropriate way. Beginning to Play explores the young child's right to a high quality, multi-sensory play environment where play really can begin. It builds on Goldschmied's concept of Treasure Basket play, which involves a wide variety of everyday objects gathered together to stimulate all five senses of babies and young children. The book features detailed observations of babies beginning to play at and beyond the treasure basket. These observations support readers in offering rich play materials and experiences.Providing valuable insights and practical support, this reader-friendly book: encourages practitioners to reflect on and review their own current practice; supports readers in recognising and responding to babies' signals and communication; emphasises the need for emotional well-being to enable babies and young children to begin to play; and, examines the effects of n-responsive care on babies and young children. Beginning to Play is essential reading for practitioners working with children from birth to three, students on Early Childhood Studies courses, and other readers who are eager to increase their kwledge about children from birth to three.
- Author BiographyRuth Forbes is a part time co-ordinator and Early Years lecturer working with undergraduates as well as a freelance trainer and consultant working with Early Years & Childcare Partnerships (EYDCPs) and LEAs. She was awarded an MA in Early Childhood Education with Care in 2000. An NNEB and trained nurse, she has worked in the community and in hospitals, and early years settings across the sector.
- Author(s)Ruth Forbes
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight230 g
- Width55 mm
- Height87 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.