Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with a Bang! features the shift between the explosive and experimental moment in the Argentine art scene of the 1960s, and the current scene emerging after the extreme crises in Argentina during the last 40 years. In the 1960s, artists explored destruction and dematerialization to propose original contributions to the fields of conceptual and action-based art. Today, artists explore fiction and intimacy as critical strategies to review and rebuild the artistic system. The exhibition catalogue brings together a historical section as well as information of performance-based actions and sound and video works by Argentine contemporary artists: Marina De Caro, Ana Gallardo, Graciela Hasper, Roberto Jacoby and Syd Krochmalny, Fabio Kacero, Fernanda Laguna, Patricio Larrambebere, Eduardo Navarro, Leandro Tartaglia, and Judi Werthein.Included are essays by Ana Longoni, Victoria Noorthoorn, Daniel Quiles, and Gabriela Rangel; manifestos by Alberto Greco, Aldo Pellegrini, Manuel Peralta Ramos and Eduardo Costa, Raul Escari, and Roberto Jacobi, as well as a historical timeline of Argentine art.
- Author BiographyVictoria Noorthoorn is an independent curator. Susan Segal is President and CEO of the Americas Society.
- PublisherAmericas Society,US
- Date of Publication04/03/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleDavid Rockefeller Centre for Latin American Studies, Art Catalogs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmericas Society,US
- Content Note50 colour photographs
- Weight446 g
- Width204 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byVictoria Noorthoorn
- Foreword bySusan Segal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.