All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionAuthored by nationally-recognized scholar and behavioral consultant Dr. John W. Maag, this book focuses primarily on students' observable behaviors and the environmental factors that affect their expression. As Maag points out, behavior management is probably one of the most misunderstood concepts in education. Written in a very accessible style, this book demystifies stereotypical beliefs and misconceptions regarding the use of reinforcement, punishment, and self-control. Maag offers clear, but detailed descriptions of proven intervention techniques, supplemented by a range of step-by-step guidelines, sample forms, charts, graphs and illustrations that assist teachers in implementing these techniques. Although the techniques described in the book are based on a sound theoretical and empirical foundation, the author has limited the use of technical jargon throughout his presentation.
- Author BiographyDr. John W. Maag is a Professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where he specializes in the education and treatment of children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral disorders. He is a nationally recognized behavioral consultant on best practices for managing resistance and improving relationships with others. Dr. Maag has published over 90 articles and book chapters as well as authoring four books -- one of which, PARENTING WITHOUT PUNISHMENT, won a Parent's Choice award. He was also the recipient of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Distinguished Teaching Award and the Donald R. and Mary Lee Swanson Award for Teaching Excellence. A licensed psychotherapist, Dr. Maag is a frequent public speaker and consulting editor to numerous journals.
- Author(s)John W. Maag
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/04/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight686 g
- Width188 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.