All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the first behavioral activation (BA) program to help 12- to 18-year-olds overcome depression. The authors provide a systematic framework for increasing adolescents' engagement in rewarding activities and decreasing avoidant behavior. User-friendly features include session-by-session guidelines and agendas, sample scripts, and instructional materials. Strategies are described for actively involving parents and tailoring BA to each teen's needs and developmental level. In a large-size format for easy photocopying, the book contains 35 reproducible handouts. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
- Author BiographyElizabeth McCauley, PhD, ABPP, is Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Washington (UW), with adjunct appointments in Psychology and Pediatrics, and Director of the Mood and Anxiety Program at Seattle Childrena (TM)s Hospital. Her clinical and research work focuses on the development and treatment of depression and suicidality in young people. She has developed and tested a number of prevention and intervention strategies, including leading a project funded by the National Institutes of Mental Health to test the efficacy of behavioral activation (BA) as a treatment for adolescent depression. Dr. McCauley is a past president of the Society for Child and Adolescent Psychology. Kelly A. Schloredt, PhD, ABPP, is Attending Clinical Psychologist in Child Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine and Clinical Director of the Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine Unit at Seattle Childrena (TM)s Hospital, and is Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at UW. Dr. Schloredt is actively engaged in professional activities including management and administration, teaching, patient care, and supervision and training. She was a research therapist on the Adolescent BA Program study led by Elizabeth McCauley. Gretchen R. Gudmundsen, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at UW and Attending Clinical Psychologist in Child Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at Seattle Children's Hospital. She has published numerous articles on the treatment of depression and the role of stress and coping in depressive disorders. Dr. Gudmundsen provides direct outpatient care in addition to conducting supervision and training. She has been a research therapist on several projects on the treatment of adolescent mood disorders and was awarded a Klingenstein Third Generation Fellowship for Child and Adolescent Depression. Christopher R. Martell, PhD, ABPP, is Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin/n-/Milwaukee and the owner of Martell Behavioral Activation Research Consulting. He maintained an independent practice for 23 years, providing cognitive-behavioral therapy to clients with mood and anxiety disorders. Dr. Martell conducts workshops and trainings on BA nationally and internationally and has consulted on research teams examining BA around the world. His books include Behavioral Activation for Depression: A Clinician's Guide (coauthored with Sona Dimidjian and Ruth Herman-Dunn). He is a recipient of honors including the Distinguished Psychologist Award from the Washington State Psychological Association. Sona Dimidjian, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of Colorado Boulder. She is a leading expert in BA for depression and in the clinical application of contemplative practices, such as mindfulness meditation. She has a longstanding interest in the dissemination of empirically supported treatments and evidence-based practices, both nationally and internationally. Dr. Dimidjian's teaching and clinical research have been recognized with awards including the Dorothy Martin Womena (TM)s Faculty Award and the Outstanding Graduate Mentor Award from the University of Colorado Boulder, and the Susan Hickman Award from Postpartum Support International.
- Author(s)Christopher R. Martell,Elizabeth Anne McCauley,Gretchen R. Gudmundsen,Kelly A. Schloredt,Sona Dimidjian
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width203 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.