All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionBehavioral Dentistry, Second Edition, surveys the vast and absorbing topic of the role of behavioral science in the study and clinical practice of dentistry. An understanding of social sciences has long been a central part of dental education, and essential for developing a clinician s appreciation of human behavior as it affects efficient dental treatment. This book gathers together contributions from leading experts in each of the major subspecialties of behavioral dentistry. Its aim is t merely to provide the student and clinician with a comprehensive review of the impressive literature or discussion of the theoretical background to the subject, but also with a practical guide to adapting the latest techniques and protocols and applying them to day-to-day clinical practice. This second edition of Behavioral Dentistry discusses biobehavioral processes, including the psychobiology of inflammation and pain, oral health and quality of life, saliva health, and hypsis in dentistry. The book goes on to examine anxiety, fear, and dental and chronic orofacial pain, and then reviews techniques for designing and managing behavior change. It concludes with a section on professional practice, including care of special needs, geriatric, and diabetic patients, and interpersonal communication in dental education.
- Author BiographyEditors Dr. David I. Mostofsky earned his doctorate in experimental psychology from Boston University. He is Professor and Director of the Laboratory for Experimental Behavioral Medicine at Boston University. Dr. Farida Fortune is Professor of Medicine in Relation to Oral Health, Dean for Dentistry, Director of Institute of Dentistry, Head of Clinical and Diagnostic Oral Sciences at Bart s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London.
- Author(s)David I. Mostofsky,Farida Fortune
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight854 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.