All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
About this product
- DescriptionKaraoke bars with prostitute hostesses are standard fare in Chinese cities, college students accept jobs as highly paid mistresses, sex stores are as common as corner convenience shops, venereal disease and HIV/AIDS are soaring, and China's social media are buzzing with conversation and debate about sex. The story of sex in China is as improbable as it is intriguing. China hand Richard Burger takes the reader on an exploration of the country's complex transformation from a once sexually open society to one of the most prudish, followed by a stunning turn in recent years towards new sexual freedoms.
- Author BiographyRichard Burger has more than twenty years of combined journalism and public relations experience and worked for nearly ten years in Greater China. A former editor and columnist for the Chinese newspaper the Global Times, he started one of the first blogs in China, The Peking Duck, in 2002.
- Author(s)Richard Burger
- PublisherEarnshaw Books Limited
- Date of Publication28/11/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintEarnshaw Books Limited
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight318 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.