All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes us 'behind closed doors' to uncover the nature of the relationship between the audit engagement partner and the company finance director in major listed companies. Based on matched interviews with finance directors and audited engagement partners of six listed companies, the book uncovers both sides' perceptions of how contentious and n-contentious issues are resolved. New insights are provided about the workings of the audit process itself, how negotiation is conducted and the personal relationships and balance of power between the auditors and the board of directors.
- Author BiographyVIVIEN BEATTIE is Professor of Accounting at the University of Stirling. She has published over thirty research articles and reports, as well as contributing regularly to professional journals. Her main research interests are external audit and business reporting. She is a member of the UK Accounting Standard Board's Academic Panel. She is also a panel member for Accounting and Finance in the 2001 UK Research Assessment Exercise being undertaken in the UK. STELLA FEARNLEY is a Reader in Accounting in the Department of Accounting and Management Science, University of Portsmouth and was formerly a senior technical manager at Grant Thornton. Her main research interests are external audit and accounting regulation, and she has published widely on these topics. She is an elected member of the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, being Deputy Chair of its Centre for Business Performance. RICHARD BRANDT is a Research Fellow in the Department of Accounting and Management Science, University of Portsmouth. He was previously Head of Audit at Grant Thornton for nine years, and is a former member of the Urgent Issues Task Force. He is editor of the 2000-2001 edition of Auditing and Reporting, published by ABG Professional Information.
- Author(s)Richard Brandt,Stella Fearnley,Vivien Beattie
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/03/2001
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight571 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.