All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe focus of this book is on the side of the brooch that usually isn't ticed: the reverse. When we encounter an attractive piece of jewelry, our instinct is to admire the front, but when we turn it around, it often reveals a secret. The author lets us in on that secret, typically only shared between the maker and the wearer. Clever brooch makers often adorn the back with items meant to complement the front, or the backside may have a unique, intricate design all its own. When you flip a brooch over in your hand you may find a surprise message, a hidden pattern, or even an unlikely foreign implement. The result is a better understanding of the artist's abilities and personality. Now, you can judge for yourself what the 128 artists respresented in this volume had in mind, and, if you are a jewelry maker, you may be inspired to leave your own unique mark.
- Author BiographyLorena Angulo grew up in Mexico. The time she spent there, amongst beautiful Mexican folk art, is evident in the amazing body of work she has created. All her designs start with one-of-a-kind handcrafted pieces produced at her studio in San Antonio, Texas.
- Author(s)Lorena Angulo
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note604 colour photos
- Weight980 g
- Width232 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.