Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionDevastated by the collapse of both his marriage and a flourishing Hollywood career, DANNY VIEIRA flees to the sanctuary of an isolated Portuguese farm owned by an old couple, SILVINO & EUFEMIA FORTE. Fifty years earlier, Silvi brought his bride south from remote Tras os Montes (Behind the Mountains) in a donkey-cart. He dreamt of going to America, but their money was stolen, time passed and they settled on the farm. Their son, MARCO, fulfilled the dream of America, but died in 9/11. Grief-stricken, they withdrew from the world, the farm deteriorated and Eufemia became increasingly senile. Danny struggled at first with their simple life, but was helped by TERESA OURO, an American language teacher living in Portugal. Gradually they fell in love, although she was t convinced he would stay. Eventually, they will all learn of the permanence of true love and family.
- Author BiographyDavid Lewis was born in Wales and moved to Hollywood to become a director of photography. He has shot everything from movies to commercials and music videos, specialising in comedies. After several years living in a remote Portuguese farm, he now lives in southern California with Rockat, a Maine Coon cat who believes he is a pitbull.
- Author(s)MR David Lewis
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.