All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionGo behind the scenes with the world's most successful sports team. This is a complete history of rugby's most famous yet enigmatic team, the New Zealand All Blacks, told by the men who have had the hour of wearing the iconic black jersey. From the legendary 1905 'Originals' all the way through to Richie McCaw's record-breaking back-to-back World Cup champions of 2015, this is a history of the All Blacks like you have never experienced it before. Thanks to exhaustive archival research and exclusive new material garnered from a vast array of interviews with players and coaches from across the decades, Behind the Silver Fern unveils the compelling truth of what it means to play for the team that has dominated Test match rugby for over a century - all the trials and tribulations behind the scenes, the glory, the drama and the hour on the field, and the passionate friendships and bonds of a brotherhood off it. Absorbing and illuminating, this is the ultimate history of New Zealand rugby - told, definitively, by the men who have been there and done it.
- Author BiographyTony Johnson is a household name in New Zealand as a rugby commentator, TV sports presenter, rugby writer, journalist and radio broadcaster. He has covered Test match, Super Rugby and domestic rugby in New Zealand since 1987 as well as a variety of other sports from the Olympics and Commonwealth games to golf and tennis. He lives in Auckland. Lynn McConnell is one of New Zealand's foremost sports historians with over 17 books to his name. He is the editor in New Zealand of the website sportal.co.nz and has an extensive career in newspaper journalism having been Sports Editor of The Evening Post in Wellington and earlier the Sports Editor of the Southland Times in Invercargill. He lives in Auckland.
- Author(s)Lynn McConnell,Tony Johnson
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Series TitleBehind the Jersey Series
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArena Sport
- Content Notecolour & b/w illustrated throughout
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.