All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Zealand's top police crisis negotiator reveals the everyday drama of being a cop: the lives saved, the lives lost, and the extreme pressure to perform in tough and confronting circumstances. Lance Burdett was in the police force for 22 years, in a variety of high-level roles: head of the negotiation team; running the 111 call centre; intelligence management; protection squad; and emergency responders. He worked on some of New Zealand's best-kwn cases, such as the Jan Molenaar case, where Lance headed the negotiation team, and the George Baker prison hostage negotiation with the man who murdered Liam Ashley. Behind the Tape is fast-paced, narrative-driven true crime that makes for a gritty, confronting read.
- Author BiographyLance runs a company called WARN International, presenting to a variety of audiences in both the private and public sectors on managing challenging people and situations, on crisis intervention and on reducing personal stress. He has a Master of Arts Degree, majoring in Terrorism, Safety and Security. With 22 years of policing experience at the highest level, Lance worked in senior management positions with a primary focus on leading and developing units.
- Author(s)Lance Burdett
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication27/07/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationAuckland, N.Z.
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.