Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionBeing Conformed to Christ in Community explores Paul's conception of maturity, paying particular attention to the maturation process and the role of the local church in facilitating this process. Although central to Paul's theology, maturity is often overlooked in Pauline studies. Samra argues that Paul understood his apostolic commission to involve delivering mature believers on the day of Christ. He suggests that the central motif of Pauline maturity is conformity of believers to the image of Christ, who provides the defi ning standard of maturity. For Paul there are fi ve means used by the Spirit to conform believers to the image of Christ, which Samra presents and analyzes as components of the maturation process, namely identifying with Christ, enduring suffering, experiencing the presence of God, receiving and living out wisdom from God and imitating a godly example. Samra concludes by arguing that Paul expected the local church to facilitate maturation so that believers' participation in a local assembly would result in their being conformed to Christ. REV DR JAMES G. SAMRA is Senior Minister at Calvary Church in Grand Rapids, USA.He earned a doctor of philosophy in New Testament from Oxford University and a masters of theology from Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Author BiographyRev. Dr. James G. Samra is the associate minister of research at Calvary Church in Grand Rapids, USA. He earned a doctor of philosophy in New Testament from Oxford University and a masters of theology from Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)James G. Samra
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/06/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of New Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.