Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionMany students are penalized from maximizing their academic potential simply by being born at the wrong time of the year. Not only is there a significant decline in achievement for students born in the second half of the year but they also experience higher rates of failure which negatively impacts self-esteem and reduces future success.Meanwhile, more capable students experience unfairness because of the school's extraordinary effort at helping their failing students. With so much focus on the weak, many strong students are held back from achieving their potential. Parents agonize over when to begin their child's formal education but lack data for making informed decisions. Educators understand the issue intuitively but decision makers lack data for justifying reform. These informational needs are w available in Being Fair with Kids.
- Author BiographyJim Dueck, Ed.D's career in education spans 40 years of service as a teacher, principal, superintendent and assistant deputy minister. He also advised representatives from almost 50 education systems around the world who sought suggestions regarding assessment and accountability in education, including the US government's launch of the Race To The Top initiative.
- Author(s)Jim Dueck
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note0, 14 graphs
- Weight426 g
- Width166 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.