Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description'This is the best book on how to ask for help and search out opportunities if you want to be an effective teacher' - Harry K Wong, Author, The First Days of Schools: How to Be An Effective Teacher , Wong Publications Inc 1991 Being Mentored is written for both potential teachers and mentors. It is a reference guide containing thought-provoking activities and opportunities for applying its principles to the reader's needs. The book offers suggestions for action and includes multiple resources of special interest to new teachers. Author Hal Portner, an experienced educator and mentor, covers each stage of the mentoring process from induction to reflection.
- Author BiographyHal Portner is a former K-12 teacher and administrator. He was assistant director of the Summer Math Program for High School Women and Their Teachers at Mount Holyoke College, and for 24 years he was a teacher and then administrator in two Connecticut public school districts. From 1985 to 1995, he was a member of the Connecticut State Department of Education's Bureau of Certification and Professional Development, where, among other responsibilities, he served as coordinator of the Connecticut Institute for Teaching and Learning and worked closely with school districts to develop and carry out professional development and teacher evaluation plans and programs. Hal developed and teaches for Western New England University a 3 credit MEd in Curriculum and Instruction online core course in Mentoring, Coaching, and professional development. Portner writes, develops materials, trains mentors, facilitates the development of new teacher and peer-mentoring programs, and consults for school districts and other educational organizations and institutions. In addition to Mentoring New Teachers, he is the author of Training Mentors Is Not Enough: Everything Else Schools and Districts Need to Do (2001), Being Mentored: A Guide for Proteges (2002), Workshops that Really Work: The ABCs of Designing and Delivering Sensational Presentations (2005), and editor of Teacher Mentoring and Induction: The State of the Art and Beyond (2005) - all published by Corwin Press. He holds an MEd from the University of Michigan and a 6th-year Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) in education admin-istration from the University of Connecticut. For three years, he was with the University of Massachusetts EdD Educational Leadership Program.
- Author(s)Hal Portner
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.