Being the Boss: The 3 Imperatives for Becoming a Great Leader by Kent L. Lineback, Linda A. Hill, Kent L Lineback (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionYou never dreamed being the boss would be so hard. You're caught in a web of conflicting expectations from subordinates, your supervisor, peers, and customers. You're constantly fighting fires. You're mired in office politics. You end each day exhausted and discouraged, wondering what, if anything, you've accomplished. You're t alone. As Linda Hill and Kent Lineback reveal in Being the Boss , becoming an effective manager is a painful, difficult journey. It's trial and error, endless effort, and slowly acquired personal insight. Many managers never complete the journey. At best, they just learn to get by. At worst, they become terrible bosses. The authors explain how to avoid that fate by mastering three imperatives: manage yourself: learn that management isn't about getting things done yourself, it's about accomplishing things through others; manage a network: understand how power and influence work in your organization and build a network of mutually beneficial relationships to navigate your company's complex political environment; and manage a team: forge a high-performing 'we' out of all the 'I's' who report to you. Packed with compelling stories and practical guidance, Being the Boss is an indispensable guide for t only first-time managers but all managers seeking to master the most daunting challenges of leadership.
- Author BiographyLinda A. Hill is the Wallace Brett Donham Professor of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School, the faculty chair of the Leadership Initiative, and author of Becoming a Manager. Kent Lineback has spent 25 years as a manager and executive and is the coauthor of the bestseller The Monk and the Riddle with Randy Komisar.
- Author(s)Kent L Lineback,Kent L. Lineback,Linda A. Hill
- PublisherHarvard Business School Publishing
- Date of Publication10/01/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business School Press
- Weight469 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.