All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionIsobel and Lou moved to Montalci and became Isabella and Luigi ten years ago and they have w been embraced by the locals and immersed in their antiquated customs and age-old feuds. In BEL VINO Isabella takes the reader on a winding journey to discover the true aristocratic orgins of the world-rewned wine Brunello di Montalci on whose vintage the fortunes of many of the Montalcinesi depend. Taking us through the seasons of the wine harvest, Dusi weaves a path that brings in the local white-hooded monks who have lived in the Abbey of Sant' Antimo since at least 814; the last remaining local shoemaker; the harvesting of mushrooms, olives and truffles; an archery contest with a local village at which passions run high; and the fight to save a 1000-year-old church with foundations. As an insider, Dusi is able to portray Tuscan life with all its idyllic charms whilst also giving an intriguing insight into the daily workings of the ancient village of Montalci.
- Author BiographyAfter many years working in Australia in interior design, Isabella Dusi decided to move to Italy with her husband Luigi. They now run a travel business based in Montalcino. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Isabella Dusi
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication04/05/2004
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight370 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.