All listings for this product
About this product
- Description(BH Pia). The definitive edition (1987) of the pia teaching classic. Includes an introduction by the composer's son Peter Bartok. In 1945 Bela Bartok described Mikrokosmos as a cycle of 153 pieces for pia written for didactic purposes, seeing them as a series of pieces in many different styles, representing a small world, or as the world of the little ones, the children. Stylistically Mikrokosmos reflects the influence of folk music on Bartok's life and the rhythms and harmonies employed create music that is as modern today as when the cycle was written. The 153 pieces making up Mikrokosmos are divided into six volumes arranged according to technical and musical difficulty. Major teaching points highlighted in Mikrokosmos 1: Unison melodies, Question and answer, Imitation and Inversion. Volume with pink covers have text in English, French, German, and Hungarian.
- PublisherBoosey and Hawkes
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoosey and Hawkes
- Weight136 g
- Width221 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.