All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe images in Belfast in Old Photographs , many of them previously unpublished, have been drawn from the collections of the Ulster Museum, which holds one of the largest and most important photographic archives in Ireland. Focusing on several central themes, they illustrate with remarkable clarity the changing face and fortunes of this great city during the century of so after the Great Irish Famine (1845-50). These were decades of political and social upheaval, commercial growth and cultural invation, national occasion and the local events, all of which were documented as they happened through the medium of photography. But the ordinary was also captured as the camera recorded the everyday experiences of those who called Belfast their home. It is these images, over 200 of which are recorded here, which convey to us the reality of city life in all its aspects and rich variety. This book will be invaluable to the many local historians in Northern Ireland, and will provide a feast of stalgia got all those who kw and love this beguiling city.
- Author(s)Trevor Parkhill,Vivienne Pollock
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleIn Old Photographs
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, map, ports.
- Weight340 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.