All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.20
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionIn Henry Porter's critically acclaimed vel The Bell Ringers, England in the near future is eerily familiar. There are concerns about terrorism, the press is feisty, and the prime minister is soon to call a general election. But quietly--largely unkwn to the public or even most in government--things have become undeniably Orwellian. Cameras with license-plate recognition software record the movements of every car. A sophisticated top-secret data-mining system kwn as Deep Truth combs through personal records, identifying violators of mir laws as well as those disposed to antigovernment beliefs. In the interest of security, the divide between private and public has crumbled. Freedom has given way to control. David Eyam was once the prime minister's head of intelligence. He was one of those who knew about Deep Truth, but he suffered a fall from grace. Then, while on vacation in Columbia, he was killed by a terrorist bomb. Now his former lover, Kate Lockhard, has been named as the benefactor of his estate. But Eyam has left her more than just wealth; Kate is also heir to his dangerous secrets. Chilling, absorbing, and unsettlingly realistic, The Bell Ringers is a fearless work from a talented velist at the top of his game.
- Author(s)Henry Porter
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight358 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.