Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe memoir of a life that triumphed over the poverty of Appalachia Virginia to perform in major American opera houses; then suffered professional loss and humiliation after coming to grips with life-long Gender Dysphoria (transsexualism). Abandoned to an orphanage having already survived poverty, parental alcoholism, and childhood sexual abuse, I managed by intellect, hard work, and luck to break away -- first into the world of academia, then on to the glamour of opera, climbing the ladder towards oft-predicted fame. My career began to unravel as I struggled to be me. Without financial or emotional support, I did as women in our world have through-out time, turned to the oldest profession. I worked as a transsexual escort; selling my body to survive in our nation's capitol, Washington, DC. Here you will find my journey - from lost child, through semi-successful masquerade as a professional performer, and finally to the empowered woman I am today.
- Author BiographyAside from having LIVED this slightly sordid life, Belle has degrees in Vocal Performance from Virginia Commonwealth University, and the Hartt School of Music. She was a Scholarship student with the Blossom Festival School of the Cleveland Orchestra. Belle worked with such wonderful teachers as Marty Katz, Adelaide Bishop, Marlene Malas, Richard Harrell, George Manahan, and Carlisle Floyd to name a few. She was a member of the Apprenticeship Program for Singers of the Santa Fe Opera, a Resident Artist for the Connecticut Opera. Belle contracted and performed as solist and chorister with the Washington National Opera for 10 years. In her private life she has gone on to become a private voice and acting instructor, a writer, as well as a professional artist - a painter - with her poetic landscapes in public and private collections around the country.
- Author(s)MS Belle Forbete
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.