All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn the hierarchal structure that pervaded a stately home in England in the 1930s, a poverty-stricken maid, Jane Hennessey, extorts money from her employer, Lady Caroline Melchester. Caroline's affair with her employee, Adam Brownlow, has consequences that changes lives forever. Charlotte's last words implore her brother Adam to reconcile with Lady Caroline. His grief obscures her words because his lover's apathy hastened his beloved sister's death. At the outbreak of World War Two, with his life in turmoil, he enlists in the British army in the first regiment to fight the Germans on French soil. His resentment fuels his patriotic fervour in a fierce battle to the death. By coincidence, he meets his lover's twin sons, who are also part of the pioneering British forces. Their fates are intertwined in the fight for survival on the beaches of Normandy. On the outskirts of Paris, Lady Caroline's brother, Pierre, has his chateau confiscated by the occupying German army. As he escapes to England, his servants face oblivion and transportation to the death camp of Auschwitz. Caroline's former husband, Baron Grosver, suffers potential ruin as his new wife exacts revenge for his criminal past. Meanwhile, Jane Hennessey confesses her former misdeeds. Her political convictions provide rehabilitation for herself and redemption for Lady Caroline.
- Author(s)Alan Brookes
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.