All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Bells Beach is much more than a powerful narrative about the world's longest running board riding event, a contest that began as a rally half a century ago and became the Rip Curl Pro. It is the story of a collection of fearless pioneers who discovered this iconic big-wave beach and made it their own. It is the story of Australian surfing, from its amateur roots, through the rebellious 1960s and the country soul era of the early 1970s to the professionalism of today. It is the story of how a tiny cottage industry became a global empire. Most of all, it is the stories of the people who surf at Bells, especially those who make the annual Easter pilgrimage and compete for the most coveted trophy on the world tour. 'Bells' celebrates the 50-year history of the world's longest-running surfing contest and the story of one of Australia's most iconic beaches, and draws on interviews with surfers including Wayne Lynch, Midget Farrelly, Nat Young, Terry Fitzgerald, Michael Petersen, Gail Couper, Mark Richards, Simon Anderson, Cheyne Horan, Tom Curren, Tom Carroll, Sunny Garcia, Mark Occhiluppo, Andy Irons, Layne Beachley, Mick Fanning, Taj Burrow, Joel Parkinson, Stephanie Gilmore and Kelly Slater.
- Author(s)Michael Gordon
- PublisherWoolamai Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationWoolamai, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWoolamai Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width255 mm
- Height255 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.