All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStart with a healthy aerobic workout. Add the fun of dancing. Spice things up with exotic music, the twirl of silk, and the rhythmic clapping of finger cymbals. Top it off with a path to rediscovering one's feminine nature and creative spirit, and you have Belly Dancing for Fitness. <p/>Many women find belly dancing the most enjoyable way to get in shape while simultaneously getting in touch with their bodies and tapping their spirituality. Belly Dancing for Fitness shows how this alternative dance-exercise can be as easy and fulfilling as yoga. Belly dancing includes floor gymnastics, back bends, poses, and stretches. The book also outlines how to synchronize one's breathing and coordinate the mind and body. <p/>Drawing from her years of experience as a world-famous teacher and performer, the author discusses the history and culture of belly dancing. She then carefully leads the reader through each skill level of this increasingly popular exercise art form.
- Author BiographyDrawing from her years of exerience as a world-famous teacher and performer, the author explains the history and culture of belly dancing. She then carefully leads the reader through each skill level of this increasingly popular exercise artform. Beginning classes when she was still a teenager, Delilah Flynn learned the art of bellydancing from pioneering American belly dance instructors. In 1997, Delilah won the International Academy of Middle Eastern Dance award as Belly Dancer of the Year, and in 2003 she performed in over 20 cities throughout the U.S. She has made 15 instructional videos and regularly leads ten-day Visionary Belly Dance Retreats. She lives in Seattle, WA.
- Author(s)Tamalyn Dallal
- PublisherUlysses Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2004
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUlysses Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight372 g
- Width235 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.