All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionBushong, a licensed marriage and family therapist, delves into this previously, unexplored world of how to effectively counsel clients raised outside of their parents' home culture. The readers will discover what are the basic characteristics and counseling skills effective with Third Culture Kids (those who have spent the majority of their developmental years outside of their passport country). Because of the rapid growth of the expat community, counselors must look at the uniqueness of working with children who grow up as a Third Culture Kid, the common presenting issues for adults TCKs and what often lies hidden beneath the surface. The book is filled with practical examples, interesting stories, tips, charts, resources, theories, techniques and discussion questions for further study.
- Author BiographyLois J. Bushong, is a counselor and owner of Quiet Streams Counseling in Fishers, Indiana; adjunct professor at Indiana Wesleyan University in the Graduate Counseling Department; published author; and international speaker. She has a Masters of Arts in Religion from the Anderson School of Theology; a Masters of Science in Community Counseling from Georgia State University; and is a graduate of Richmont Graduate University (formerly Psychological Studies Institute) in Atlanta, Georgia. Lois is licensed in the state of Indiana in Marriage and Family Therapy and is a Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) and a member of the American Counseling Association (ACA). Lois is a Third Culture Kid who grew up in Latin America. As an adult she returned to Latin America where she worked for ten years. Upon her return to the United States, she worked with an international agency before she returned to graduate school to be able to effectively counsel individuals, couples and families.
- Author(s)Lois J Bushong
- PublisherMango Tree Intercultural Services
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMango Tree Intercultural Services
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.