All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together four of the most popular and widely studied of Ben Jonson's plays, this anthology focuses on the city comedies for which Jonson is best kwn today: The Alchemist (edited by Elizabeth Cook), Volpone (edited by Robert N. Watson), Bartholmew Fair (edited by G.R. Hibbard) and Epicoene or The Silent Woman (edited by Roger Holdsworth). Today Jonson's works are widely considered to be amongst the best produced in his period. The new introduction by Robert N. Watson explores the plays in the context of early modern theatre, culture and politics, as well as providing a guide to the language, characters and themes. On-page commentary tes gloss the text in greater detail, making this the ideal edition for study and classroom use.
- Author BiographyRobert N. Watson is Distinguished Professor of the Humanities at the University of California Los Angeles, USA, and is a leading scholar of early modern drama.
- Author(s)Ben Jonson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleNew Mermaids
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight682 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.