All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Merton is perhaps the most popular American religion writer of the last hundred years. Despite appearances to the contrary, in 1966 he was a troubled, lonely monk; until he met a nurse who he fell in love with. At the same time, he struggled with the challenge of whether to choose her over complete devotion to God. When he finally chose God, he emerged renewed: stronger and surer than he would have been without being tested by such a shattering conflict. While thousands are familiar with Merton and his writing, here for the first time is a private side of the famous monk. Based on journal entries, new information and sources such as fellow monks, this compelling work offers a fresh perspective on the revered figure.
- Author BiographyMARK SHAW is the author of fifteen books. He holds a Masters degree in theological studies and is a member of the International Thomas Merton Society. A former defence attorney and columnist for the Aspen Daily News, he has been a television legal analyst for ABC, CBS, and ESPN. He also operates a website dedicated to Merton's work and its relevance in today's society: http://mertonandfriends.wordpress.com. He lives in East Lansing, Michigan, USA.
- Author(s)Mark Shaw
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/11/2009
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight424 g
- Width163 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.